toolbar powered by Conduit

Monday, November 05, 2007

Masonic Clay Tavern Pipe Found in Shipwreck


I could help but post one more today. I found this great masonic pipe. It was found in a shipwreck. The post mentions the Atocha but I see no information to back-up that claim. If it was the Atocha it would be a real treat. The Atocha was a Spanish Treasure ship, was it not? To find an item such as this on a Spanish ship I can only imagine being a bit out of place... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The pipe itself has the square and compasses on it.... I see the sun and an eagle with a shield on the other side. I find the eagle a bit odd as well but look forward to a more knowledgeable person to educate me a bit on whether this is truly out of place or perfectly proper the the claimed time-frame and wreck.
None the less this item is fascinating and I'd love to have it myself... but I will let my readers have this one if they want.

Click here to go directly to the eBay item

2 comments:

Tom Accuosti said...

Hey, waitaminnit! Wasn't it a pipe that gave Nick Cage his first clue in the opening of National Treasure?

Dean said...

Yes.. Yes it was! And if I can find it... they were selling the replica of that pipe on eBay as well a while back.
Any thoughts on what the next movie will use to hold the secret clues?